Fire wire... wire wrap edition 3



 




Karolina's rose quartz wire wrap

Karolina saw my previous wire wrap projects and was excited to show me her piece of rose quartz which she had bought quite a few years ago but wasn't sure what to do with it. She asked me to wire wrap it into a pendant for her. 

It is a much larger and heavier stone than any of my previous wire wraps so I had to plan carefully how to secure it whilst showing off and complimenting it's natural beauty and delicate colour. Who wants a stone so completely covered in wire that you can't see it?! Not us.

I decided I would make a rigid strong base for the back of the stone and then create more delicate and attractive wraps round the front to hold it to the base. I used thicker wire than I usually use and beat the wire spirals to make them catch the light nicely. In some of the photos the wraps look a little wobbly as they follow the contours of the pale stone but if you look at the second photo you can see they are neat.

Finally when I had wrapped the full stone all the wire ends were at the top so I twisted and wrapped them to make a different and attractive bail loop big enough for a choice of cords or chain to be threaded through. 

Karolina was thrilled with the result and I hope you like it too. 

Contact me or send a photo with basic measurements if you have a treasure you would like made into a pendant.

Natasha x


Natasha Fraser Handcrafted Jewellery
www.natashafraser.com



Comments

Popular posts you may also enjoy: